You Are Reading

10.6.11

Wake up call.

I've been seriously ill twice in the past 4 months. This second affliction I have just recovered from has me questioning the way I've started my year. In the past bed-ridden week I have copped it from 15 different people - friends, family, workmates - about getting too stressed out and needing to take it easy.

It hasn't exactly been smooth and they're (annoyingly) right. I find myself taking things too seriously - things I never used to let bother me now keep me awake at night.


Lately I've found myself getting too consumed in the big picture. It is good sometimes to stand back and and reflect. However, I'm starting to find more and more that thinking too much about the big picture can mean that the simpler joys, or small victories, can pass you by. We try so hard to just get through the day, with "phew, glad that's over" a catch-cry that is all too common these days. But if we look for the Small Victories, we don't just get through the day - we win the day.

Today, I made my best friend smile by reminding her I was on her side.

What was one of your small victories today?

Follow my blog with bloglovin

No comments:

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger.